Hatachi Group (hereafter referred to as "Group") shall recognize importance for protecting personal information in high-speed information communication society and endeavor to protect personal information based on the policy provided as below herein.
- Acquisition of personal information
We shall acquire personal information in accordance with legal and impartial means.
- Use of personal information
- Group shall not use any personal information for any purpose beyond the usage objective without the consent by the person who may possess the information.
- In the event that Group may commission handling of personal information to any third parties, Group shall to take any prevention means of the information leakage from the third parties by conducting the complete investigation beforehand to the third parties and concluding any necessary contracts with them.
- Provision of personal information to third party
In the event that Group may receive request to suspend provision of personal information from the person who may possess the information to companies which may have any business cooperation with Group, Group shall suspend the provision immediately.
- Management of personal information
- Group shall maintain accuracy of personal information which Group may retain and manage the information safely.
- Group shall take any security measures for any cyber attacks including injustice access and computer virus appropriately and rationally in order to prevent loss, damage, falsification or leakage of personal information.
- Disclosure, correction, suspension of use and deletion of personal information and suspension for providing personal information to third party
In the event that Group may receive request to disclose, correct suspend the use, delete and provide personal information to any third parties from the person who may possess the information, Group shall respond to the request to extent which shall be considered rational immediately whenever Group shall receive the request.
- Organization and structure
- Group shall arrange person in charge of personal information management per each department or division besides placement of responsible person in charge of personal information protection in order to execute appropriate management of personal information.
- Group shall conduct educational and enlightenment activities concerning protection and appropriate management methods for it officers, employees, temporary employee and their equivalents so that they shall be able to handle personal information appropriately in their daily business.
- Establishment, execution, maintenance and improvement of compliance program for protection of personal information
Group shall establish compliance program for protection of personal information (including this Policy herein, "Personal Information Protection Regulations" in order to execute these policies, thoroughly distribute to its employees and any other ones who may have any business relationship with Group so that they shall be able to execute the program and improve it continuously.
Handling of personal information
We are hereby pleased to explain our handling policies for personal information which Group may obtain in the business with our customers according to the all related laws including Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereafter referred to as “Personal Information Protection Act”) and all sorts of the related guidelines for protection of personal information in direct selling industry.
- Basic attitude of Group for protection of personal information
Group shall respect aims of Personal Information Protection Act, observe the act and set forth regulations and rules including "Personal Information Protection Policy" and "Personal Information Protection Rules" to be enacted so that each personal information of our customers can be surely protected.
- Personal information Group obtains
Group may possess each personal information on our customer in the business and anyone who may be our customers to be presented information on our products and services by Group. The each personal information shall be the information which may be generated accompanied with implementation of the information or agreement which shall be specified in the issued document (including application and contract) for anyone who has been our customers in the actual business. The each personal information shall be the information which has been presented in the initial contact including any consultant or inquiry, answered in questionnaires, recorded in all sorts of directories or lists which shall be publically authorized and acquired by our employees when visiting for anyone who may be our customers to be presented information on our products and services by Group.
- Usage objectives for all held personal information
Group shall use personal information which Group may obtain from the customers for purposes as below in our businesses for door-to-door sales, mail orders and others.
- To realize "Execution of contracts", "Management after contracting", "Implementation of services after sales" to customers.
- To collect data including customers’ opinions and requests to be our reference for research and development of our products.
- To record, rearrange and respond to what customers have talked and requested to us.
- To introduce products and services handled or operated by companies which we may have some business relationship.
- To provide any information to and activate businesses companies which we may have some business relationship so as to smooth and activate the businesses.
- To decide and manage credits.
In the event that use of personal information may be requested to be suspended by the person who may possess the information because any actions based on utilization of the personal information Group shall retain may be handled to breach Article 16 of Personal Information Protection Act or acquisition of the personal information may breach Article 17 of Personal Information Protection Act as well as the request shall be fully proven to be justice, we shall suspend the use without any delay.
- Protective measure for personal information
Any personal information which Group shall retain shall be taken measure for the security. In addition, we shall conduct educational and enlightenment activities concerning protection of personal information to our employees so that the personal information which we may retain shall be managed strictly.
- Provision of personal information to third party
Any personal information which we may obtain from customers may be provided to three patterns of party or company as below to extent which the information shall be used in its objectives.
- Hatachi Group
- Companies which Hatachi Group may have some business relationship.
- Any parties or companies which shall be able to have the provision in accordance with any laws, regulations or rules.
- Personal data items: Including name, address, telephone number, date of birth, transaction history and accepted consultation.
- Means or methods : Including list, slip, fax, telephone and e-mail.
- Outsourcing of operation for personal information
Any personal information which Group might have obtained from customers and may retain shall be commissioned to the outsourcing contractor which shall be liable for confidentiality on the personal information on the basis of the contract between Group and the contractor to extent which the information shall be used in its objectives. The outsourced commissioning shall be concluded in the necessary written contract, managed and supervised appropriately.
- Request of disclosure and filing of claim
Any request to suspend disclosure, correction, use, deletion and provision to any third parties of personal information shall be announced for the application at first to the person who may have the information in principle upon contact to the reception as below. Any necessary action shall be taken in accordance with the related laws, regulations, rule or bylaw of Group to extent which the action shall be rational upon acceptance of Group. In the event that either any part or whole part of the request may not be accepted, Group shall explain the reason why not. In addition, actual cost for the request to disclose personal information may be claimed sometime depending on the case.
- Response to happening or incident in handling of personal information
In the event that any happening or incident including outflow of personal information which Group may retain may happen, Group shall notify the customers of the fact and endeavor to take reaction for assuring the security. The fact shall be publicized in our web site immediately in addition.
Hatachi Group revised on January 1, 2009